A LiL bout Me..

My photo
I am the mother of two Beautiful children.. The Girlfriend of a very good man..The sister of the strongest person i have ever known and a pushover for one Dog Named Bella.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Spanking

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this somewhere but If i cared about what people thought about me I'd be living under a rock. Let me start by giving some insight into how I was raised.

I remember my first spanking very vividly i think i was about 2, i hit my brother in the arm with a stick. I know i was really young cause i didn't know better not to do it with our dad sitting right behind us. He spanked me and i was in shock! I could not believe that my daddy would spank me! You better believe i didn't hit my brother again, well for a day or two anyway.

Here in the south or "Round these parts" It's pretty common for people to spank their children. Another spanking i remember pretty well was the time i had said a cuss word and my Granny heard me. I of course didn't know she was within hearing range. I was in first grade i don't even remember the word i had said. My Granny gave me the "You're gon git it!"  Look and I knew i was in for it. One Cruel aspect of a good ole "Whoopin"  was having to pick your own hickory. For those of you who don't know what a hickory stick is let me explain...Hickory sticks are a small,thin limb that you pick off a tree. The thinner and longer the better to "whoop" you with. I don't know what i was thinking But when she told me to pick my own Hickory i came back with the longest, thinnest one on the tree. I blame my self-conscious for knowing that i had a done wrong and was going to be properly punished for doing so. She "Tore my legs up" with that thing. I was doing the hickory dance all over the kitchen  trying to dodge it to no avail.. Granny was fast!

My Papa used to say "You aint never too old for a whoopin" His Point was proven when i was 15 and called my mama a Bitch. She Got ahold of me and beat my ass and Rightfully so. That was such an ugly thing to call my mama....to call any one's Mama! If i disrespected someone or just didn't listen i immediately felt bad afterwards not only because i felt like an ugly person for being mean to someone else but also because i knew i was gettin a spankin when my mama found out!

These days some people compare spankings to child abuse...Those people need a good spankin cause they are idiots. I never once felt abused. Now if you hit your child out of anger or literally beat the shit out of your kid to where they are injured then you should be shot in the face cause THAT IS child abuse!! That is solely my opinion.

 If I'm dealing with my unruly child in public and there is no bathroom around I'll pop him, One thing i cant stand is if someone says something like "You shouldn't spank your children" Well maybe if you're Mama spanked your ass you would know better than to put your nose where it don't belong. I'm not saying to stand by and watch a child be beat senseless. If that's what you think i mean by all of this then you're an idiot too and need a spankin.

2 comments:

  1. Right on! I was spanked too and no one ever walked up to my momma and told her to stop!

    ReplyDelete